What’s in My “Just in Case” Bag
When I was a little kid, I was constantly in the car. In addition to school, I had dance and voice classes, theatre rehearsals, acting classes and auditions, and I tagged along to all of my mom and little brother’s activities as well. Needless to say, I developed a habit early on of carrying everything that I’d need for the day in my backpack or dance bag. Now that I’m an adult, I am still extremely busy, and I’m still in the car all. the. time. Whether I’m driving to one of my jobs, headed to Orlando to visit family/friends, or racing to an audition, I need something from my “Just in Case” bag nearly every single day.
Now, I don’t want to brag or anything, but I’ve got this bag down to an art form. Here is a breakdown of what I never leave home without!
As you can see, I carry quite a few products with me in my “Just in Case” bag, but they’re all adorable minis that don’t take up much space!
1. Tissues: Not a day goes by that I don’t sneeze, cry, or smear my makeup. These come in handy for all three situations.
2. Girl Stuff: No explanation needed.
3. Medicine: I carry Excedrin Migraine, and I also have a few Claritin D in the bottle as well. I’d recommend carrying a mini bottle filled of whatever medication you might need.
4. Hand Sanitizer: The world is gross, so carry hand sanitizer. Also…if you’re listening Bath and Body Works, please bring back Pistachio Vanilla!
5. Eye Drops: I’m married to an optometrist, so of course I’m going to take care of my eyes! I love these single-use Refresh eye drops. They’re safe to use with contacts, and they’re amazing for tired or dry eyes.
6. Contact Lens Case: My contacts sometimes decide to make my eyes go crazy out of nowhere, so I always carry an extra contact lens case if I need to take them out.
7. Wisps: I used to carry a mini toothpaste, toothbrush, and dental floss, but Colgate Wisps have honestly replaced all of those things. It’s a tiny disposable toothbrush with a single-use bead of mouthwash and a pick. It’s amazing and completely necessary!
8. Contact Solution: I always carry contact solution in case I need to rinse off my contacts or take them out.
9. Hair Oil: I like carrying a small vial of Orofluido, one of my favorite hair oils, to tame flyaways and scraggly split ends. A tiny bit of this oil works miracles!
10. Bobby Pins: If you have long hair, bangs, or any sort of layers, you need to carry bobby pins with you. I keep a few in my bag in case I need to slick my hair into a quick bun or pin back crazy hairs.
11. Hair Ties: Again, if you have long hair, these are a no-brainer.
12. Jewelry: I like to carry a pair of classic studs- by the way, aren’t these Brighton studs that Stephanie gave me gorgeous?!-
13. Lip Balm: My lips seem to always be dry and chapped, so I have about a million and one lip balms. Soap & Glory’s A Great Kisser lip balm is my new favorite. It’s a gorgeous glossy peachy-pink balm that smells like peaches!
14. Lipstick: You never know when you’ll have a last minute work engagement or dinner with friends. I like to keep a classic lipstick with me to help me look put together. MAC Cremecup is one of my all-time favorite easy pink lipsticks.
15. Mascara: Mascara instantly makes you look more awake and put together. I like carrying this mini Benefit Bad Gal.
16. Perfume: I like carrying a sample vial of perfume (because who doesn’t have at least 20 of these lying around?) to perk up halfway through the day. I’m still in a summer mood, so I’m carrying Harajuku G.
17. Lotion: I have extremely dry hands and legs, so I always carry a mini tube of hand cream or body butter. I’m currently obsessed with Perlier 25% Shea Butter Body Balm (and the rest of the line!)
18. Nail File: My nails always seem to break while I’m stuck in traffic. I pull this bad boy out at least a few times a week.
19. Nail Polish Remover: Once your nail polish starts to chip, it’s basically a lost cause. I like carrying a single use nail polish remover pad just in case I need to clear away a chipped mess- because having bare nails is better than chipped nails!
20. Nail Clippers: Again, my nails like to break…a lot.
21. Q-Tips: These cotton swabs are lifesavers! My favorite use is to help clear away smeared eye makeup!
22. Brow Razor: The most amazing invention. It’s a mini razor intended for shaving your eyebrows or face. I always see a random eyebrow hair the second before I step out of the car, but plucking just makes my face red and irritated. This razor is completely painless and doesn’t irritate my skin!
My Most Essential Item
I honestly don’t know if I could survive without my travel size makeup wipes. I love the Target brand Cleansing Towelettes. They’re incredible for removing or fixing smeared makeup, but I’ve also used them as emergency clothing/car cleaners!
Do you have a Just in Case Bag? What items do you always carry with you?