my top ten summer fashion essentials
No matter how many summers I spend in Florida, I always forget about how horrible and unrelenting the heat, humidity, and daily thunderstorms can be. As uncomfortable as the weather may be, I just can’t say no to spending time outdoors in the bright sunshine. The blue skies and summer flowers are just too tempting to resist. While the temperature may rise above 100 degrees, I still like to look my best at every summer event. Extreme weather does not prevent this girl from trying to look cute. These ten summer fashion staples (including everything from a fabulous bikini to my secret weapon shapewear from Maidenform) are my main wardrobe pieces for the warmer months. Mixing and matching any of these ten items will help you look hot while you stay cool!
1. Fun Hats: Let’s face it. It is actually impossible to keep your hair looking good when you’re a sweaty mess. Add a few fun hats to your wardrobe and you can add personality to any outfit while hiding your hair and protecting your face from the sun!
2. Killer Sandals: Show off your bright summer pedicure with a killer pair of sandals. I’m all about gladiator sandals and studded sandals for this season. These shoes will match any summer outfit and keep your feet comfortable in the heat.
3. Boho Chic Handbag: Lightweight, casual handbags are best for the warmer months, and I just can’t get over leather fringe handbags- especially in neutral colors.
4. Off-the-Shoulder Tops: Show off your tanned shoulders in a flirty off-the-shoulder top. This design is completely on-trend and will help allow your skin to breathe in the scorching weather!
5. Flirty Sundresses: Lightweight dresses are a lifesaver during this time of year. It’s the easiest outfit ever. Slip on a sundress, add your sandals, hat, a pair of sunnies, and you’re good to go! You’ll look feminine and put together with minimal effort.
6. Cute Rompers: I’ll admit that it took me a few seasons to embrace the romper trend, but I can’t get enough of them this season. The loose fit of rompers won’t stick to your skin, so you’ll stay cool all day long.
7. Your Power Bikini: When you’re headed to the beach or a friend’s pool party, you’re going to want to rock a bikini. Every season, I pick out a bikini that flatters my body type. There’s no use wearing a bikini if you’re going to feel self-conscious, so choose a swimsuit that makes you feel like a supermodel!
8. Cat Eye Sunglasses: Protect your eyes against damaging UV rays and add a major wow factor to any outfit with a unique pair of sunnies. I’ve been gravitating towards cat eye designs in tortoiseshell patterns.
9. Turquoise Anything: Natural stones look phenomenal against tanned skin, and turquoise is my absolute favorite for summer. Instead of layering on lots of jewelry that will only get uncomfortable throughout the day, accent your summer outfit with one big statement piece in turquoise.
10. Shapewear: We’ve now reached the most important item in my top 10 list: shapewear. With so many itty bitty fashion pieces to flaunt this summer, you want to focus on feeling confident. By adding Maidenform shapewear to my summer outfits, I don’t have to worry about any lumps and bumps peeking out from my outfit. My Maidenform Comfort Devotion Natural Boost bra keeps me supported and secure up top, and my Weightless Comfort Shortie Slimmer shorts allow me to wear short dresses and rompers with ease. When I’m wearing a sexy, form-fitting dress to a summer party, I always wear my Maidenform Comfort Devotion Smooth Body Full Slip to cinch my waist and smooth my hips and thighs. To me, proper undergarments and shapewear help me feel more comfortable and confident, and they make my clothes fit even better!
What are your summer fashion essentials?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Maidenform. The opinions and text are all mine. #MFSummerSurvival