Back to School Beauty Shopping List
My mom and I used to have a back to school shopping tradition each year at the beginning of August. We’d march past the school supplies and head straight to Walmart’s beauty department. Since the back to school season starts a little over halfway through the year, we used the event as an excuse to start fresh with our beauty routines. We’d vow to remember to shave our legs every day, wash our face every evening, and keep our skin in tip-top condition for the remainder of the season. Naturally, we needed all new beauty products to accomplish our goals for the new year, so we’d wander each and every aisle and fill up our cart with the newest beauty releases and old school beauty favorites I still carry on the tradition – AKA excuse to enable the shopaholic/beauty addict side of my personality- and I recently headed to Walmart to stock up on my favorite beauty products for the season! As you can imagine, it was so much fun, and I’m fully stocked up for autumn! Keep reading to see my list of back to school beauty products you need to buy AND learn how you can enter to win $10,000 towards your college tuition, gifts cards, laptops, and more from the Schick Selfie Sweeps!
BACK TO SCHOOL BEAUTY SHOPPING LIST:
- Disposable Razors: It’s always a good time to stock up on razors because unshaven legs are not a cute look! I like to grab a value pack of Schick® Disposable Razors at Walmart because they work extremely well at keeping my legs smooth without causing irritation or razor burn, and they’re extremely affordable! Plus, they come in all sorts of cute colors, and the disposable packaging is perfect for traveling (or college dorm rooms). I’ve used the Schick Disposable Razors in the Quattro and Hydro Silk varieties off and on for years (both or great), but I decided to grab a new pack of the Schick Quattro disposable razors for fall because pink is my current favorite color! If you’re in the market for new razors, use this coupon to get Schick® Disposable Razors for Buy One (1) Get One (1) Free at Walmart!
- Shaving Cream: Once you’ve found the perfect set of disposable razors, it’s time to find a good shaving cream! I like to find moisturizing formulas that will keep my skin from getting dry in the cold fall weather, and I always gravitate towards warm vanilla scents for the autumn months.
- Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner: Your skin isn’t the only things that dries out at the end of summer and beginning of fall! In fact, I find that my hair is at its driest point during the back to school time period due to summer sun/heat damage and the cold, windy weather in the fall. I always opt for an extremely moisturizing formula in my shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair smooth and soft.
- Leave-In Conditioner/Detangler: Dry and damaged hair tends to tangle easily, and the cool autumn breeze only makes my tangles worse. I like to pick up a light leave-in conditioner or detangling spray to add an extra dose of moisture to my hair and to help with brushing out my wet hair each day. If you’re trying to cut back on money, you can create your own leave-in conditioner at home by mixing a bottle full of water with a small amount of your favorite conditioner and a splash of argan oil. Simply shake up the mixture in a spray bottle, and you’re good to go!
- Makeup Removing Towelettes: Did you know that you should actually wash your face twice each night? The first cleanse is to remove your makeup, and the second cleanse is to remove the dirt and oil from your pores. I like to simply this process by using makeup removing towelettes. They’re incredible because I can use one wipe to remove all of my makeup while I’m binge watching 30 Rock on Netflix, and my skin is ready to go for its final cleansing session. These towelettes are also great to gently cleanse your clean skin in the morning or refresh your face after a workout!
- Exfoliating Face Wash: After you’ve removed your makeup, you’re going to need a good cleanser to keep oil, dirt, and debris out of your skin’s pores. I like to use an exfoliating face wash 2-3x a week during the colder months to get rid of my dry, flaky skin. Removing the outer layer of dead cells skin keeps your skin soft, and it also helps me to prevent breakouts! Remember to follow up with your favorite moisturizer!
- Vitamin C Drink Mix Packets: Ok, so vitamin C drink mix packets may not be a traditional beauty item, but they’re a back to school/work essential for EVERYONE. I always keep a few packets in my purse to drink when I need a quick boost of energy, or if I’m feeling like I might be getting sick. This natural pick-me-up has helped me resist catching the cold a least a dozen times, and if I’m healthy…I look much better than when I’m sick!
If you’re headed to Walmart to stock up on back to school/college/work beauty supplies, print out this coupon to get Schick® Disposable Razors for Buy One (1) Get One (1) Free at Walmart! I’m a fan of the Schick® Quattro For Women® and Schick® Hydro Silk® Razor, but they also make a great line of men’s razors!
#SCHICKSUMMERSELFIE SWEEPSTAKESNow that you’ve learned which beauty products from Walmart are perfect for the season, how about winning some SERIOUS cash towards your college tuition? Or how about a laptop, gift card, speaker, or even a selfie stick? To enter to win these awesome prizes, simply enter the Schick Selfie Sweeps by following these 3 easy steps:
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Simply snap a selfie and post it to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #SchickSelfieSweeps
2. Confirm your #SchickSelfieSweeps in the photo gallery here
3. Fill out the entry form
What’s on your back to school beauty shopping list? Did you enter the sweepstakes?This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine. N/A