The Best Makeup Under $5
As you all know by now, I spend a little bit too much time playing with makeup. While I love my high-end products, it’s just not practical to use only expensive products. Especially when you’re a makeup junkie who is always wanting to try out new products. Drugstore makeup brands have really upped their game in the past few years, but unfortunately with the increase in quality there’s also been an increase in price. I’m shocked that some drugstore products are nearly expensive at their high-end counterparts. Don’t worry your little hearts because I’ve got you covered! Here’s my list of the BEST makeup under $5.
1. Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana $3.99 The best subtle highlight, and it comes with a crazy amount of product.
2. NYX Butter Gloss $4.99 These lip glosses are creamy and come in a gorgeous line of shades. They smell amazing too! Peaches and Cream is a dupe for the MAC Nikki Minaj lipgloss if you’ve been searching for a more affordable option.
3.Wet n Wild Blush $2.99 Use a light hand with these blushes because they’re incredibly pigmented!
4. NYX Megashine Lip Gloss $4.99 My favorite glosses! They smell like red Starbursts and come in so many colors. I love their consistency as well- glossy without being sticky.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss $2.99 I love all of the Baby Lips, but Peach Kiss is my favorite. It’s a moisturizing tinted balm that creates a gorgeous, slightly shimmery nude lip.
6. ELF Matte Lip Color $3.00 I love the twist-up packaging and pointed tip of this product. It’s as smooth as a normal lipstick with the precision of a lip liner. These products create a matte lip without being too drying.
7. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny $2.99 This bronzer is very easy to blend and extremely natural looking. The matte finish makes it the perfect product for a subtle contour.
8. Nivea Lip Butter $2.99 My favorite lip balm. All of the scents are equally delicious!
9. Essence Lipstick $2.99 One of my favorite lipsticks. It’s glossy, moisturizing, and the compact size makes it perfect for on-the-go touch-ups!
10. ELF Studio Blush $3.00 These blushes are just awesome. ELF Studio blush comes in a wide variety of shades, and they basically have a dupe for nearly every NARS blush!
11. Essence Silky Touch Blush $2.99 These blushes are just beautiful. Smooth consistency and gorgeous shades.
12. NYC Lip Gloss in Nude York City $1.97 I love this line of glosses. They’re not sticky at all and are perfect on their own or over your favorite lipstick.
1. Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment $2.99 I’ve talked about the Wet n Wild eyeshadows for years, and I’m still obsessed. They have a teensy bit of fallout during application but only because they’re very soft and pigmented. The Silent Treatment trio is the perfect everyday look for fall. It’s constantly in my makeup bag!
2. Sinful Colors Nail Polish 24/7 $1.99 I’ve been really impressed with the few Sinful Colors nail polishes that I own. 24/7 is a classic neon pink. Be sure to top with a shiny top coat as neon polishes tend to dry matte.
3. Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara $4.44 This mascara has been a favorite for years and years. It’s incredibly affordable and provides highly defined and lengthened lashes.
4. CoverGirl Outlast Nail Polish $2.99-3.99 I love the formulation of this line! Two coats and you’re good, plus they’re very long lasting. The Glosstinis are a fun way to try out new colors for a lower price!
5. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara $2.99 I picked this mascara up on a whim after hearing Samantha Schuerman mention it in a video. I honestly didn’t expect much based on the packaging and price, but it’s officially my new holy grail! It provides great volume and length while helping your lashes maintain a curl.
6. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear Nail Polish $2.99 These polishes may not smell the best during application, but they’re a great way to try out new colors. Pacific Blue is one of my all-time favorites!
7. Jordana Fabuliner $2.99 I love felt tip liquid eyeliners, and this affordable option seems to be just as good as the Lancome version that I used years ago!
8. NYX Eyeshadow $4.99 These eyeshadows are amazing. MAC quality for a fraction of the price, and they’re available in dozens of different colors!
9. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner $4.49 My new favorite drugstore eyeliner. They apply like a dream and last all day long.
10. Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish $1.99 These polishes have a glossy finish and great staying power!
What are your favorite makeup products under $5? Are there any gems that you’ve discovered at the drugstore?