The Perfect Smoothie Recipe
When I find something that I like, I get completely obsessed. If I find a great lipstick collection, I want every color. When I find a great TV show, I’ll watch it from the first to last episode without taking a break. And when I find a great food product, I want to eat it every single day. This month’s obsession is Yulu Yogurt, an Aussie style yogurt that’s double-smoothed, outrageously creamy, and packed with honest ingredients and 9 grams of protein. I’m hooked on the ultra-creamy texture and subtly sweet taste, so I’ve been working into my daily menu in any way I can. It’s seriously yummy on it’s own, but it’s also a fun addition to my bikini season recipes! I’ve been adding Yulu yogurt to oatmeal, protein pancakes, and muffins, but my favorite way to enjoy yogurt is in fresh fruit smoothies! If you’re looking for the perfect summer smoothie recipe that’s healthy and delicious, your search is over. This simple smoothie will give you a boost of nutrients and protein with only a few minutes of prep time, and the recipe is 100% bikini season-friendly!
Making your own smoothies at home allows you to control exactly what’s going into your body. Unlike the popular smoothie chains, I don’t like my smoothies to be 50% ice, 20% sugar, and 30% nasty old fruit soaked in syrup. Of course I’d like my smoothie to be tasty, but I don’t want to drink empty calories with questionable ingredients! I prefer a naturally sweetened, slightly tart smoothie filled with a variety of amazing fruit, a delicious protein source, a dash of healthy add-ins, and a healthy liquid like coconut water or almond milk. Today I’m sharing my perfect combination of ingredients, but feel free to customize this perfect smoothie recipe to make it your own!
My perfect smoothie features a combination of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and tart pomegranate arils. I add protein and creaminess to the mix with half a carton of Yulu Yogurt (Strawberry is my current favorite flavor), and I round out the recipe with a handful of baby spinach and half a cup of pineapple coconut water. After a quick spin in the blender, I have a healthy and perfectly sweet smoothie that’s bursting with nutrients and flavor!
Triple Berry Smoothie Recipe
Yulu Aussie Style Yogurt (any flavor)
Fresh or Frozen Fruit (Blackberries, Raspberries, Pomegranate Arils, Strawberries)
Spinach Pineapple Coconut Water
Mix-ins if desired (protein powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, MCT oil, etc)
For one smoothie, combine half a carton of Yulu Aussie Style Yogurt (any flavor) with a variety of fresh or frozen fruit in your desired ratios. Add a small handful of spinach, 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut water, and any desired mix-ins before blending. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and healthy snack!
My smoothie recipe is so quick, easy, and incredibly delicious, so there’s no excuse for skipping breakfast or eating unhealthy snacks! With only a few minutes of prep time, you can create a healthy drink that provides a hefty dose of nutrition without any questionable ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that it’s completely customizable. Play around with ingredients each day, and you can create your own perfect smoothie!
Alternate Ingredient Ideas:
- Fruit: Anything that’s in season! Always try to freeze your fruit before making the smoothie to create an icy cold drink without watering down your smoothie with ice!
- Greens: If you don’t have spinach on hand, feel free to use kale or any leafy green. You can also use store-bought green powder that contains dried and powdered green vegetables.
- Protein: For different flavor combinations, try experimenting with different flavors of Yulu Yogurt! They offer their creamy yogurt in five delicious flavors: Vanilla Bean, Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, and Honey. If you’d like to add even more protein on top of your favorite flavor of Yulu Yogurt, add a scoop of protein powder or your favorite type of nut butter!
- Liquid: Choose any healthy liquid that fits your taste profile: any type of milk, fruit juice, or coconut water will do!
- Healthy Add-Ins: If you’d like to up the health profile of your smoothie, add a dash of chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut oil or MCT oil, green vegetable powder, or nuts to the mix!
If you’re looking for a new type of yogurt to buy, you seriously need to check out Yulu Yogurt. Unlike the super tart Greek yogurt, there’s no “acquired taste.” Yulu Yogurt is inspired by Australian yogurt, and the incredibly creamy and smooth flavor will win you over after your first bite. It’s made in the USA and comes in a clear container, so that you can see the naturally delicious ingredients. If you’d like to get coupons, giveaways, and more sent straight to your inbox, sign up for the Yulu newsletter!
Pin this recipe by clicking the “Pin It” icon in the lower right corner of the image!
What do you like in your smoothies? What’s your perfect smoothie recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yulu. The opinions and text are all mine.