Makeup is magic. A few swipes of the right mascara can help you create cheekbones that don’t really exist, and strategically placed lipgloss can plump up your lips in seconds. Basically any problem you might have can be camouflaged with makeup, and today I’m going to be sharing one of my favorite “magical” makeup techniques with you! With only a few easy steps, you can make your eyes look bigger and brighter. This tutorial is perfect for small-eyed gals like me, but it’s also great for giving you a wide-eyed look when you haven’t slept a wink. If you want to become a makeup magician, keep reading!
7 Steps to Bigger & Brighter Eyes
- Step 1: Use a flat brush to apply a pale pink eyeshadow to your entire lid. Choose a shade of pink that’s nearly white, and your eyes will instantly look brighter.
- Step 2: Blend a light brown eyeshadow into the crease of your eye with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Use a back-and-forth motion to create a diffused line. This step will create a light base for the remainder of the eyeshadows, and it will help camouflage any of your mistakes!
- Step 3: Use a pencil brush to draw a sideways “V” on the outer corner of your eye with a dark brown eye shadow color. This step will make your eyes look wider.
- Step 4: Use the same fluffy brush from Step 2 to blend out the dark brown eyeshadow until there are no harsh lines.
- Step 5: Take the flat brush from Step 1 and apply the same pale pink shade to the inner corners of your eyes by the bridge of your nose and along your inner tearduct. This step will camouflage your dark circles and make your eyes seem wider-set. If you want to create a more dramatic look, use a shimmery champagne eyeshadow.
- Step 6: Use a liquid black eyeliner to create a winged cat-eye. Draw the line to the final edge of the eyeshadow. This step will seem dramatic, but it will blend in with your look after the final step!
- Step 7: To complete the look, apply two coats of the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit to create extreme volume and length in your lashes. Apply one coat of the Lash Boosting Mascara, and then apply the all-natural fibers to your eyelashes. You’ll want to lock in the fibers with an extra coat of mascara, and you can repeat this process twice for maximum volume! If you have any fall-out from the fibers, simply use a fluffy brush to wipe them off your face.
Voila! Bigger, brighter eyes in only a few minutes. The best part of this technique is that it doesn’t require you to use any fancy or expensive items. You can use any shade of eyeshadow and liquid liner from your collection, and Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit can be picked up at your local drugstore for only $14.95! The fibers in the kit are all-natural and made from cellulose, panethenol, botanical extracts, and vitamin E, and the mascara contains myristoyl pentapeptide-17, which is a lash-boosting peptide that will help to enhance natural lash growth by conditioning and nourishing your eyelashes. If you love the dramatic look of false eyelashes but hate the hassle of applying them, you’re going to love the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit! Two coats of the mascara and fibers delivers 24 hours of dramatic volume and length without the mess of falsies. Unlike many mascaras, this set is ophthalmologist-tested, non-irritating, and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers – plus it’s hypoallergenic, paraben-free, gluten-free, and fragrance-free.
If you’re looking for a new mascara for spring, check out the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit and let me know what you think!
Thanks to Physicians Formula for sponsoring this post through Condé Nast. #EyeBooster