I’ve also discovered so many good products over the past few months, so I couldn’t wait to share them with you in today’s post. Whether you’re looking for a life-changing drugstore highlighter (I’m sharing two of those), ultra-comfy ballet flats, or a universally-flattering pair of leggings, you’re guaranteed to find a gem in today’s post. Here are my favorite finds from January 2018!
The Best Products of January 2018
1. Gibson Cardigan: Ok, so this cardigan is an absolute necessity. It’s made out of a thin microfleece, so it’s extremely soft without being too warm. It drapes beautifully, and I’ve worn mine several days a week since it arrived in the mail. In fact, I loved my first so much that I immediately ordered it in a second color! It’s on sale right now, so you definitely need to check it out! | Available at Nordstrom (and on sale)
2. Sam Edelman Felicia Ballet Flats in Dusty Rose: Guys, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love the Sam Edelman Felicia ballet flats. They are without a doubt the most comfortable ballet flats I have ever worn. I’ve never gotten a single blister- including my first time wearing them, and the soft and supportive soles kept my feet happy throughout my entire pregnancy. I’m such a mega fan that I am slowly but surely buying them in every single color, and my latest purchase is the Dusty Rose shade. They are SO comfy and so cute for spring! | Available at Shopbop, Zappos, and Sam Edelman
3. Milani Highlighter in Sunglow: I haven’t been impressed with a drugstore highlighter in a long time, and this month I found two winners. In fact, they’re not just good for drugstore highlighters. They’re great compared to any highlighter – even high-end brands. This Milani highlight will make you shine to the heavens, and this shade is just so dreamy on your cheekbones. Please, please check out this formula in the color that fits your style the best! | Available at Ulta, Amazon, and Target
4. Lush Roll Sleeve Tunic: People have raved about this shirt online for years, but for some reason, I always thought it would be too long on my 5’3 frame. I am here to tell you that the hype is 100% justified. This affordable shirt is almost perfect. My only complaints are that I wish it was a little bit shorter (so that it could be worn untucked) and a teensy bit less lower cut, but I honestly still love it and will most likely buy it in more colors. It looks great with the “half tuck” in front (I’m still trying to figure that one out haha), and it looks great on all body types. Oh, and it’s on sale for only $27.90 right now! | Available at Nordstrom (and on sale)
5. Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara: I’ve been on a mascara kick lately, and this version from Tarte has been a recent favorite. I normally hate rubber wands, but this one just does the trick without poking your eyeballs out like some rubber wands can! I love that you can later it on without too many clumps, and it keeps your eyelashes upright and curled all day long. | Available at Sephora, Ulta, and Tarte
6. Adidas Swift Run Sneakers: I shared my loved for these sneakers on Instagram several times this month, and I’m fairly certain I’ll blabbering on about how much I love them for the rest of the year. They are SO cute, comfortable, and just plain perfect for everyday wear. Lately I’ve been wearing them to run errands and workout, and I think they’re gonna be perfect for walking around Disney. I currently have two colors, but I am so tempted to buy even more colors from the line! | Available at Macy’s, Nordstrom, Zappos, and Six:02
7. Zella High-Waist Leggings: Ok, these are another wardrobe staple that everyone RAVES about. I tried them on several times last year, but I never bit the bullet to bite them because I wasn’t sure what size I would need post-pregnancy. Once I had Summer, these leggings were one of my first purchases, and I can honestly say they are just as good as everyone says they are. The fabric is comfortable, the fit is slimming, and they’re impeccably made. Plus, the price is surprisingly reasonable considering how overpriced leggings can be! If you’re looking for a solid pair of leggings that will keep everything in its place without making you feel like a sausage, definitely check out the Zella line! | Available at Nordstrom
8. Baby Bling Headband: Before Summer was born, I spent an obscene amount of time researching the best bows for newborn babies, and Baby Bling was the most recommended brand by far. I bought her several bows before she even arrived, and they are our #1 favorites. The bows are made out of a soft and stretchy material that feels like sturdy pantyhose, so your baby won’t experience any discomfort. Summer gets a huge smile on her face whenever she sees her bows in the mirror! You can catch Summer rocking her favorite bows here, here, here, and here. | Available at Nordstrom
9. Nordstrom Baby Footie Onesie: I’ve been growing increasingly frustrated with the cheap onesies that I’ve bought since Summer was a baby. On the one hand, I don’t want to spend money on clothes that she’ll only wear a handful of times, but some of the cheaper varieties instantly shrink in the wash making them unwearable. I’ve been looking for a few thicker footed onesies, and this pink swan onesie from Nordstrom is just what I was looking for. It’s more expensive than the ones I normally buy, buy it’s thicker, softer, and much better quality too. Plus, it washes like a dream! I’m definitely picking up a few more for her in the next size up. | Available at Nordstrom
10. Pixi LipLift Lip Gloss in Sheer Rose: I’ve literally been using this formula of lip gloss for years (cue the embarrassing makeup post from years ago), but I recently discovered the Sheer Rose shade. It is the perfect everyday nude, and the lip gloss formula is spot-on. It’s substantial without being too sticky, and it has the perfect amount of peppermint scent. I have a feeling this lip gloss will stay in my everyday routine for months to come! | Available at Target and DermStore
11. Maybelline Rose Gold Highlighter: Remember how I was saying I discovered two amazing drugstore highlighters? This gem from Maybelline is my second find, and it is so, so good. While it’s slightly pinker-toned than Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop, it gives off a similar look on your cheekbones. It will literally make your face beam in the most magical way. This color is sold out in all of my local stores, so I’d definitely recommend grabbing one online if you can’t find one in store. It is worth every single penny! I’m 100% going to buy the other shade it comes in because the formula is so beautiful! | Available at Ulta, Target, and Amazon
12. Sam Edelman Finley Ballet Flats: What can I say? I have a thing for Sam Edelman flats. I can’t help myself. They are seriously 500x more comfortable (an exact number haha) than any other ballet flats I’ve ever worn in my entire life, so I scoop them up whenever they’re on sale. This metallic gold pair is one of my latest additions, and they’re currently on sale for only $43 – originally $100! As I mentioned before, they have never given me a blister, and the width is adjustable. | Available at 6pm (most sizes available + on sale) and Amazon
13. Barefoot Dreams Essential Cardigan: My Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan continues to be my all-time favorite wardrobe item, so I knew I needed to grab the Essential Cardigan version when I saw it was on sale. I was not disappointed! It is so deliciously soft, and the longer cut is perfect for traveling in colder weather. If you’re a Barefoot Dreams addict too, definitely take advantage of this sale! | Available at Nordstrom
14. Legendairy Lactation Supplements: Upon request, I’ll be doing an entire post on my breastfeeding recommendations, but until then, I just had to share this mama must-have. I struggled with low milk supply for the first few months after my baby was born, and a lactation consultant urged me to try the Legendairy Milk line. They’re fenugreek-free, and they have completely changed the game for me. Thanks to these supplements and few other tricks that I’ll share in my post, I’m now able to exclusively breastfeed my daughter!
If you’re looking for a supplement to increase your milk supply, definitely look into this line. I recommend getting the sampler back to see which variety works best for you, but I’ve had the most luck with Pump Princess and Milkapalooza. You can use the code ASHLEY15 to get 15% off ANY order on the website! P.S. I do NOT earn money from this code if you use it, but I do get a credit to their website. I buy these products with my own money each and every month (currently on my 4th re-order), so I 100% stand behind their products.
15. Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you one of the world’s best eyeshadow palettes. Jaclyn Hill is a makeup genius, so of course she’d pick the perfect variety of shades in the perfect formulas. I’ve been using it almost every single day since I bought it, and I love it more and more every time I try a new color. It’s a must-buy palette for any makeup lover! | Available at Ulta
16. Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It by Chris Voss: I am not the best at negotiations, which is a major problem since I am an independent contractor and have to negotiate contracts on an almost daily basis. I stumbled across this book on Amazon, and I was instantly hooked. I picked it up on Audible since it’s hard to hold a book when you have a 5-month-old squirming around, so I’ve been listening to it in the car and in my home while I clean. I won’t give away the whole book, but it’s written by a former FBI agent who shares all of the agency’s techniques for negotiation. Even if you’re not into business books, I think you’ll really enjoy this book if you need to brush up on your negotiation skills. | Available at Amazon
17. Boom Chicka Pop Holidrizzle Kettle Corn Frosted Sugar Cookie: OMG, I can’t even tell you how good this popcorn is. It is the most delicious chocolate popcorn I’ve ever eaten. Does it actually taste like a sugar cookie? No, but it tastes like perfection, so it doesn’t even matter. It’s a seasonal variety, so it seems to be sold out in stores; however, Boom Chicka Pop sells almost all of their flavors year round on Amazon! | Available at Amazon
18. MAC x Patrickstarrr Eyeshadow Quad in Goal Getter* c/o: I met Patrick from Patrickstarrr at my friend Kathryn’s sweet sixteen party, and I am so happy to support his new collection with MAC! This eyeshadow quad is a stunning mix of four colors that can be worn for day or night. He got everything right with this quad. The formula and colors and spot-on and so versatile! | Available at Ulta, Nordstrom, and MAC
19. Multi-Port Adapter: In December, I finally replaced my ancient laptop for a new Macbook Pro. Side note: You can get HUGE discounts on Macbook Pro laptops at B&H Photo! While I love my new laptop, I don’t love that it doesn’t have a slot for my memory card or any of my USB devices. I found this affordable multi-port adapter, and it’s been a lifesaver. I just click this small adapter into my laptop, and I can plug in my memory card and several other types of devices. | Available at Amazon
Click to Shop My January Favorites
I’d love to know what you loved this month! Leave a comment below or send me a DM on Instagram with your favorite finds of January 2018, and I’ll add them to this post under Reader Favorites! If you’d like to stay up-to-date with my latest purchases and product recommendations, be sure to follow me on the LiketoKnow.It app or website, where you can shop all of my photos in the easiest manner.
Honestly guys, I use this app as a customer almost every single day. You just screenshot a photo or browse through the app, and you can see the exact links of everything shown in the photo. I’ve included a screenshot above of what it looks like. You simply click on the photo you’re interested in, and you’ll see photos of each item that is featured. Then, you just need to click on the item to be taken to the appropriate retailer’s website. It’s BRILLIANT! You can follow me on LikeToKnow.It here at @ashleybrookenicholas. If you like using LTK too, let me know your favorite users!
Products marked with an asterisk* were provided by PR for consideration. All other products mentioned in today’s post were purchased with my own money. Affiliate links are used in this post, which means I make a commission if a purchase is made after clicking through the link. As always, I value your trust and only recommend brands and products that I truly love!