Relaxing Outdoor Activities for Couples in Longboat Key, Florida
1. Enjoy a Morning at the BeachLongboat Key is home to world-class beaches featuring white sand and shimmering turquoise water. The gorgeous water and quiet atmosphere of the beaches will melt away your stress in minutes.
2. Go Shopping at St. Armands Circle
After you’ve spent a few hours in the sun, cool off with a trip to nearby St. Armands Circle. This area features sophisticated shopping and dining options, nestled around a gorgeous central park.
3. Plan a Picnic on the Beach
When it’s time for an afternoon snack, a beach picnic is perfect. You’ll find a wide variety of local supermarkets and cafés offering food to go around Longboat Key, and I guarantee that all food tastes better with a soundtrack of ocean waves and a gentle sea breeze.
4. Pamper Yourself at the Spa
Take a break from the beach and pamper yourself with a day of spa treatments at The Resort at Longboat Key Club’s spa or travel to the nearby luxury spa at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota.
5. Take a Leisurely Stroll Along the Beach
There are few things more romantic than walking hand-in-hand on the beach. As the afternoon sun begins to set, take a leisurely stroll with your loved one along the water. The private beaches of Longboat Key will make you feel like you’re in a world of your own.
6. Indulge in a Romantic Dinner on the WaterEnd your day with a romantic sunset on the water. Both the beach and bay side of Longboat Key boast show-stopping views of the sunset. Head to Dry Dock Waterfront Grill for delicious local seafood and an uninterrupted view of the evening’s cotton-candy skies.
7. Watch the Sunset Together
No matter what you choose to do during the day, a day in Longboat Key cannot end without stopping to enjoying the sunset. Florida’s west coast has some of the most beautiful sunset views in the country, and Longboat Key’s narrow width allows for a great view of the setting sun on almost every inch of the barrier island.
8. Relax in Style at a Romantic ResortWhen you’re planning your romantic weekend getaway to Longboat Key, I highly recommend looking into The Resort at Longboat Key Club. This full-service resort offers luxurious accommodations along a private beach and features amenities such as a luxurious spa, world-class tennis facilities, a stunning golf course, and on-site restaurants.
No matter how you choose to spend your time in Longboat Key, you’re guaranteed to have a romantic and relaxing trip. Longboat Key’s fabulous beaches and sophisticated entertainment options will help you create memories that will last a lifetime. For more information on Longboat Key, see VISIT FLORIDA’s website.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VISIT FLORIDA. The opinions and text are all mine.